Friday, August 10, 2007

Feast 155

Here's today's Friday's Feast:

Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of pie?
The first thing that came to mind was Strawn's Coconut Cream Pie. They're famous for their strawberry pies, but I much prefer the coconut cream. The chocolate cream pie is really good, too. I haven't had their pie in many, many years. I remember one year for my birthday I didn't want a cake. I wanted coconut cream pie - and I got it, too! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.
Something that was different from Caleb's questions, which I often find humorous, and Jacob's funny antics was getting to hang out with friends yesterday. Kim and I see each other often, but I don't think I've seen the others all summer, so it was good getting together and laughing with them again. Just thinking about the day brings a smile to my face. Even the bird. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the post below this one.)

Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?
Stay indoors. Eat popsicles, ice cream, and fresh fruit from the fridge. Drink ice cold lemonade or ice water.

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?
Well, $1,000 isn't going to do much toward redecorating my living room, so I won't even dream about that. It would do nice things in the boys' playroom, though. I'd put up some curtains across the two windows and the sliding glass door. I'd buy some attractive shelves for stacking their boxes and tubs of toys on instead of shoving them under the toddler bed/"couch", which I'd probably get rid of since they never use it. (I'm not really getting rid of it since I'm not redecorating, though. It looks cute and hides the Legos, K'Nex, Magnetix, Tall Tree Timbers, and other things that are stored under it.) I'd coordinate the boxes and tubs their toys are in so everything would look more uniform.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My friend says my hair smells good, but I say it's just the baby wipes. (Yes, you have to read the previous post...)

Chip or Chunk?

Last night, as I was eating a piece of pizza, I realized a piece of one of my back teeth had broken off. I had swallowed it! It felt strange, like I had cheese sticking to the side of my tooth, but when I ran my tongue across it, it felt sharp and strange. I stuck my finger in there and felt a sharp edge, but no cheese. I stuck my tongue back there again and realized part of my tooth was gone! I tried looking at it with my hand mirror, and I could see part of it was missing, but I can't really tell how much, just that it's angled upward. It doesn't go all the way up to my gums, thankfully. It feels like a chunk, but it may just be a chip.

It doesn't hurt when I drink anything or brush my teeth. I guess it won't hurt when I eat, either, but I'm nervous about that. I have to eat sometime, though. I'm starving! I've been wanting to lose some weight...

I need to call a dentist. I haven't been in 4 years - since we moved here. I kept thinking I would make a special trip back to see my old dentist, one I'd been going to for 16 years before we moved, one I was comfortable with. But I would forget, then put it off when I did remember. I've always had good teeth, so I never worried about it. Now I'm going to pay for it!

Billy left his dentist's card on the refrigerator for me so I can call this morning and get an appointment. Hopefully it'll be soon.

No comments: